We strive to provide our guests with an exceptionally clean, safe, and friendly hotel experience. The following Hotel Policy/House Rules have been established based on industry standards, management and operational procedures, in addition to our personal experience of owning and operating the Royal Inn + Suites since 2016. We follow all regulatory agency sanitization guidelines.
These Hotel Policy/House Rules are part of our reservation agreement with you. By reading and signing your hotel registration, you are agreeing to abide by all Hotel Policy/House Rules. These Hotel Policy/House Rules are presented here to help promote our guests’ safety and enjoyment and to ensure that each guest is aware of the understandings between the Royal Inn + Suites and the guest. Our Hotel Policy/House Rules may change from time to time.
- Rooms must be cancelled prior to noon on day of arrival.
- Guests who do not arrive on the scheduled date of arrival and have not cancelled their reservation in advance will be charged the full amount of their reservation.
- Change in the length or dates of the reservation may result in a rate change.
- Group reservations are subject to group cancellation guidelines.
- Cancellation policies may vary. Final cancellation terms will be verified at the time of booking.
CHECK IN POLICY
Check-In Time is 2 p.m.
Check-Out Time is 11 a.m.
GUARANTEE AND PAYMENT POLICY
A credit card is required at the time of booking to guarantee the reservation. The registered guest responsible for the room must be at least 19 years of age and must provide a valid credit card in their name along with 1 piece of government-issued photo identification at the time of check-in.
At the time of check in, sufficient credit credentials for payment of accommodations must be provided through the authorization of a credit card. Please be advised that a credit hold in the amount of guest room charges, applicable taxes and a provision for incidental charges will be placed on the credit card at the time of check-in. Pre-paid credit cards are not accepted.
Royal Inn + Suites is a non-smoking hotel. A charge of $350 will be applied to the room bill of the registered guest should deep cleaning be required due to occupants’ smoking in the room, and the registered guest will lose room booking privileges indefinitely.
CANNABIS USAGE POLICY
Smoking or vaping of cannabis in guest rooms or in public spaces on the property is prohibited. Only those who possess a medical cannabis prescription may smoke or vape cannabis in designated smoking areas. A charge of $350 will be applied to the room bill of the registered guest should deep cleaning be required due to occupants’ smoking or vaping in the room, and the registered guest will lose room booking privileges indefinitely.
ROOM CAPACITY POLICY
All room rates are based on double occupancy. An additional charge of $10 per person for any person 13+ years of age occupying a room will be applied at time of check-in. Maximum sleeping capacity in a room is 4 persons. Persons 18 years of age or under must be accompanied by the registered adult at check-in to occupy a room.
The Royal Inn + Suites welcomes your beloved pets to join you during your stay. We now have pet-friendly rooms available with an applicable $30 + HST pet guest fee per night. There is no charge for Service Animals.
You know your pet better than anyone. To help ensure that all guests, pets and humans alike, have a relaxing stay, we ask that you please abide by the following policies:
- Pets are not to be left unattended in the room.
- A maximum of one pet is allowed.
- For the enjoyment of all guests, do not allow your dog to bark in the hotel.
- Place the DND door hanger on the door so that we know your pet is in the room.
- Pets are not allowed in hotel common areas other than while entering or exiting the hotel. Service animals are free from restrictions.
- You are responsible for cleaning up after your pet on hotel property.
- You agree to be responsible for all property damages and/or personal injuries resulting from your pet.
Please contact the hotel directly to book a pet-friendly room.
GROUP BOOKING POLICY (10+ Rooms)
Cancellation of the reservation or part of the reservation can be made free of charge up until 3 weeks prior to the first day of arrival.
10% of the last updated reservation value can be cancelled free of charge within 3 weeks up until 12 pm on the day prior to the first day of arrival.
Cancellations that exceed 10% of the last updated reservation value will be charged at 75%.
Any other changes or cancellations will be charged with 100% of the value of the change/cancellation.
Reservations made within 2 weeks of arrival are 100% binding as of the day following the date of the reservation. Any changes or cancellations will be charged with 100%.
LOST AND FOUND POLICY
Any unattended food or beverage items will be disposed of immediately by hotel staff. Any used personal care items (soaps, shampoos, lotions, etc.) will be disposed of immediately by hotel staff.
The Royal Inn + Suites reserves the right to only store lost and forgotten items (items not described above) for a period of thirty (30) days. After the 30-day period, items will be disposed of by hotel staff. Royal Inn + Suites takes no responsibility for abandoned, lost, or forgotten items.
If an item is found and the guest requests that the item be shipped, the postage or delivery charge is to be prepaid and arranged by the guest. Royal Inn + Suites takes no responsibility for items that are lost or damaged during shipment.
Housekeeping service is provided daily to all guests. A guest may decline daily housekeeping service by placing the Do Not Disturb magnet on the exterior of the room door. This may be done for a maximum of three days, with housekeeping service being mandatory on every fourth day of the stay. Mandatory housekeeping is required to ensure the property is maintained in a safe and sanitary manner.
DAMAGE, MISSING PROPERTY AND EXCESSIVE CLEANING POLICY
The Royal Inn + Suites reserves the right to retain your credit card details and charge such amounts to compensate for costs incurred during the guest’s stay. Such costs include:
- Damage caused to the allocated room(s) or to the property, including the cost of labour and lost revenue (in case room must be taken out of service) related to the damage.
- Missing items, including towels, bedding, furniture, pillows, etc.
- Additional cleaning required due to having a pet in a non-pet-friendly room.
- Excessive cleaning required to return the room to its original state.
- Keys not returned after check-out.
CREDIT CARD AUTHORIZATION BY CORPORATE THIRD PARTIES
Please contact Royal Inn + Suites Front Desk at least 24 hours prior to guest’s arrival to request a Credit Card Authorization form. We are open 24 hours, (709) 896-2456. We must receive the information by fax (709) 896-5501 or email [email protected] and process the approval for your reservations prior to the guest’s arrival.
GIFT CERTIFICATES & PREPAID BOOKINGS
Please contact the hotel directly to purchase or redeem gift certificates.
All rates are quoted in Canadian Dollars, plus tax. Rates may increase without notice. Rates as advertised on the Royal Inn + Suites website or any other website or promotional material are subject to change at any time and may increase or decrease at the hotel’s discretion.
RIGHT TO REFUSE SERVICE
Royal Inn + Suites is privately owned and operated. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason(s) that does not violate Federal or Provincial laws. Royal Inn + Suites has a zero tolerance policy in which we will refuse to admit or refuse service or accommodation in our hotel or may remove a person, without refund, who refuses to abide by the standards and policies established by the Province of Newfoundland and Labrador and by Royal Inn + Sites for the operation and management of the hotel.
Royal Inn + Suites will refuse service or evict a guest for the following:
- refusal or failure to pay for accommodations;
- is under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or any other intoxicating substance and acts in a disorderly fashion as to disturb the peace of other guests or is not in compliance with Provincial liquor laws;
- acts in a disorderly fashion as to disturb the peace of other guests;
- causes a disturbance that requires Police response;
- is unable to properly supervise their children or minor guests at all times;
- seeks to use the hotel for an unlawful purpose;
- seeks to bring into the hotel: an unlawfully possessed firearm; or something, including an explosive or hazardous or toxic substance, that is unlawful to possess and that may be dangerous to other persons; destroys, damages, defaces, or threatens harm to hotel property or guests;
- causes or permits persons to exceed the maximum allowable occupancy of room;
- causes damages to the room or hotel property; or
- refuses to abide by the reasonable standards or policies established by Royal Inn + Suites for the operation and management of our hotel.
Our quiet hours are from 10:00 p.m. to 9 a.m. If you become aware of a disruptive guest, please contact Front Desk staff immediately by room phone or in person. Televisions, voices, or other devices must be kept at a respectful low level at all times. Doors should be opened and closed quietly. No congregating in front of guest room doors.
No visitors after 10:00 p.m. Visitors must notify Front Desk upon their arrival. Visitors must be accompanied by the registered guest at all times. Visitors are not allowed to use guest amenities including the fitness centre, continental breakfast, or Wi-Fi. As a registered guest, you are responsible for your visitor at all times.
Registered guests of legal age who choose to bring their own alcoholic beverages may consume those in their room. Consumption of alcohol is not allowed in public areas such as the lobby or courtyard, etc.
NO IN-ROOM PARTY
Royal Inn + Suites enforces a No In-Room Party Policy to ensure we can protect the hotel and our guests at all times. No parties, loud disturbances and/or noise-nuisance are allowed or tolerated on our premises. In the event of a disturbance, one polite request (warning) will be given to reduce the noise. If our request is not followed, the guest will be asked to leave the hotel without refund. Registered guest(s) is responsible for all persons visiting. Non-Registered visitors are only permitted until 10:00 P.M. If found with more “people” not listed on the Guest Registration Form after 10:00 P.M. your stay will be considered a party. You will be ordered to vacate the premises without refund.
PARKING AT OWN RISK
All vehicles must be listed on the registration at check-in. Parking for registered guests is free. All vehicles are parked at the risk of the owner. Royal Inn + Suites shall not assume liability or responsibility for any vehicle, occupants, or contents while operated or parked on the hotel property. If a vehicle is left in the hotel parking lot after the guest has departed without the written consent of the hotel, the hotel reserves the right to have the vehicle towed at the owner’s expense. No vehicle repairs on hotel premises.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Royal Inn + Suites makes its best efforts to ensure that all the information that appears on its website is accurate. However, no warranty, expressed or implied, is given that the information provided on this website is error free. Royal Inn + Suites does not accept liability for any errors and/or omissions, and reserves the right to change the information published at any time and without notice.
CHANGES OR MODIFICATION TO THE HOTEL POLICY/HOUSE RULES
Royal Inn + Suites reserves the right to amend, modify, change, cancel, vary, or add to these Hotel Policies/House Rules or the arrangements and content featured on our Hotel website at any time without prior notice. Please check our website regularly for updates to Hotel Policy/House Rules. Any modification to these Hotel Policy/House Rules that occurs before your departure is considered a part of your reservation agreement with us. A copy of these Hotel Policy/House Rules is located on our website and available from Front Desk staff upon request.