We are proud to be an Indigenous-owned hotel, generating revenues to contribute to the well-being and sustainability of our people and communities.
Royal Inn + Suites recognizes and respects its social responsibility ensuring that our quest for sustainability grows and evolves.
We operate our Makik Sustainability Initiative whereby we strive to reduce our environmental impact and promote sustainability, while also encouraging education and personal health and wellness. Makik is the Intuttitut word meaning “to rise, to stand up” – We rise to the challenge to protect our environment + stand up as a leader for the well-being of our people.
We pledge to:
- Reduce waste and increase recycling.
- Conserve water and energy consumption.
- Choose nature-friendly products.
- Promote the use of local products, ingredients and services.
- Comply with relevant environmental legislation and take a proactive approach to future requirements and obligations.
- Inform guests about our policy and how they can participate.
- Engage and educate our employees in environmental and sustainability issues.
- Engage service providers to increase usage of environmentally-friendly products and supplies.
- Monitor and review our environmental performance on an ongoing basis with a focus on continuous improvement.
We seek to conserve natural resources through the responsible use of energy, water and materials, while also maintaining the quality of service expected by our guests. The policy is reviewed annually by a committee led by our Energy and Innovation Specialist.
For more information about Royal Inn + Suite’s Sustainability Policy and Program, please contact: Niamh Roche – Energy & Innovation Specialist.