JANUARY 10, 2023, HAPPY VALLEY-GOOSE BAY, LABRADOR – The Nunacor Development Corporation today announced that it is set to open a new restaurant in Happy Valley-Goose Bay in June of 2023.
Named Mamattuk, it will be extremely dynamic in its offerings, serving guests as a restaurant, coffee bar and lounge throughout the day, celebrating Labrador with elevated comfort food featuring local ingredients.
Located next to Royal Inn + Suites, Mamattuk will be a warm and inclusive social hub with an engaging and energizing atmosphere. Pulling inspiration from the land, people, and our culture, the restaurant will blend local charm with world-class hospitality.
The restaurant website is now live. Please visit www.mamattuk.com to stay updated on new developments, including current employment opportunities.
- Mamattuk is the Inuttitut word for delicious.
- Mamattuk will seat 104 guests in the main restaurant space with additional capacity for over 50 guests on a seasonal outdoor patio.
- Nunacor is a diversified and growing Inuit operation in Labrador with four subsidiary companies and a group of Strategic Alliances in its portfolio. It is the business development arm of the NunatuKavut Community Council (NCC).
- NCC is the representative governing body for approximately 6,000 Inuit who reside primarily in south and central Labrador. NunatuKavut means “Our Ancient Land” in Inuttitut and is the traditional territory of the Inuit who belong to this territory.
“On behalf of the Nunacor Board of Directors, I congratulate the CEO and staff of Nunacor on this very exciting new business venture. Since the acquisition of the Royal Inn + Suites, Nunacor has been a leader in hospitality in Labrador and this addition of a restaurant to their business portfolio will provide great benefits to hotel guests, the larger population of Happy Valley-Goose Bay and to members of the NunatuKavut Community Council. Being able to provide on-site food services for the Royal Inn + Suites has been a focus area for many years, and we are very proud to see the diligent work done by the Nunacor team now culminating with the planned opening of Mamattuk in June.”
— Brenda Williams-Roberts, Chair of Nunacor Board of Directors
“The development of Mamattuk is another significant step for Nunacor in its plan to grow its hospitality business line. This full-service restaurant will be a great addition to the Royal Inn + Suites as well as to the community, offering high-quality food and hospitality, in a beautifully designed space.”
— Andy Turnbull, CEO, Nunacor
- For information on Mamattuk, please visit mamattuk.com. Please also join in the conversation at Facebook.com/Mamattuk, Instagram @mamattukrestaurant, LinkedIn.com/mamattuk, Twitter @Mamattuk
2 Tenth Street
PO Box 148, Station C
Happy Valley-Goose Bay, NL A0P 1C0
Telephone: (709) 896-5722
Facsimile: (709) 896-5739
E-mail: [email protected]
Telephone: (709) 899-3205
Email: [email protected]